Saturday, September 1, 2012

First ride with Tim


Finally got out for a ride with Tim on his new bike yesterday. We've had a bit of trouble with this bike since it arrived – I've been looking after it while Tim was overseas, and almost every time I've started it up something's broken or fallen off it. The bloody sub-frame snapped and fell off while I was riding it! Anyway it's all been fixed up (thanks to Marty) and some new plugs got her running sweet again. I think prior to this Tim has only ever ridden a 100cc scooter in Asia? He's really jumped in the deep end here! He's got pretty good at starting this thing, although neutral still eludes him. Was a real bitch getting out of town too, felt like we spent forever sitting at fucking traffic lights...

The Mods and Rockers run was on yesterday, which I'd forgotten about, but we met them up at the Tai Tapu pub. There was hardly anyone on it compared to last year (see it here), but Andy and Nathan for the QCRs were there which was cool. And Andy's dad on a little Suzuki cafe racer! We met PZ here... after waiting for ages, and then took off through Gebbies Pass to have lunch at the Governors Bay Hotel.

I was keen on a bit of a bigger ride, cause it's been ages since I've been on a decent ride and I'm feeling pretty desperate to just ride and ride and ride. But this was ok... and, importantly, Tim's bike made it home without anything falling off. Including him. Pretty successful day really.

No comments:

Post a Comment