Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Norton update...


Saturday the sun came out and Jimmy came over – we worked on the Norton again, a bit hungover though cause we'd all been at my show at the Wunderbar the night before. Jimmy's metal-sprayed my clutch center and has started fitting it to the splines on the mainshaft. It's looking like it's gonna go on there rock-solid now. So tight we need this puller Jimmy made up to get the thing off again.

While Jimmy was working on that I pulled out my oil tank and flushed it out. Man was it full of some fucked up shit! Gonna try and clean out some of the oil lines too. What is this shit!? Grey sludge. How the hell did it get in here? Worried it's finely ground aluminium!? Any advice greatly appreciated. Jimmy also showed me how to anneal my copper washers to try and fix up some of the oil leaks. This shit was fun, I love burning stuff! Oh yeah and Malcolm was down for Bike Night and for our gig so he watched and him and Jimmy tried to figure out who was tougher...


No comments:

Post a Comment