Monday, June 26, 2017

First Ilam Press Records Record




So looking back it was only a couple of posts ago really that I proposed I might do this thing called 'Ilam Press Records'. Well here's the first record... this is a lathe cut record made in an edition of 30 by Peter King Lathe Records down in Mt Somers here. The band is one I'm in with a guy from school, a kind of guitar duo 'matinee' band. Really we made this as a bit of a test case, and I have to say I like it. I think this short-run record thing could be good for me. I've sent another one to Peter King which we should get back soon, a Katabatic Wind one, so a very different sound, and also it'll be a 33rpm 12" record this time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Luke,
    I produce the burt munro challenge merchandise for the Burt each year, I have been trying to get the slack musicos down here to try and produce a Burt song.
    I no nada about music other than what I like, I wonder if its something you might be interested in?
    I figure that if they made a film about his exploits then surely a song could be made? Had a luke warm response last year when I approached some talent down here. Its only a matter of time before someone has a go.I was thinking along the lines of Richard Thompson, "Vincent Black Lightning" but its just a thought, like all great things.
    My email is screenworksnz@gmail.com if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete